Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Grant's Farm

We took advantage of a beautiful fall day this past Saturday and went to Grant's Farm with the Porters. You'll have to ask Ben for the full history behind Grant's Farm, but it is the homesite of Ulysses S. Grant that was bought by the Busch family in the early 1900's. They kept rare animals on the farm and later turned it into a public park. You can get a tour of animals roaming around, walk through exhibits, feed baby goats & chickens, and of course, sample 2 free Anheuser-Busch products. No wonder this is a favorite for seminary wives & their kids!

You pay by the car to get into Grant's Farm. Since the birth of Josiah, it's been a bit trickier for the Porters and us to get around in one car, yet we didn't want to pay for 2 cars. Here to save the day - the Volvo Wagon! Anna & I each took a turn riding in the "way back". Fun when you're 6 years old...a bit awkward now. Especially facing all the other drivers...one guy was definitely laughing at me.

The kiddos buckled up and ready to go!

Enjoying the free beer

Family pic


Bigger family pic!


It was a little chilly, so Josiah wore this hat my mom (Mimi) knit for him. Isn't it sweet?

2 comments:

A.K. said...

love the hat! and love those cheeks in the last picture- what a cutie!

what's josiah gonna be for halloween tomorrow?!

Annie said...

I keep looking at your post over and over again....and laughing out loud EVERY time I read the part about you and Anna crunched in the back facing all of the other drivers!!! I can't stop laughing about it! That's awesome! I think I would have put a blanket over my head or something!
Oh...but I miss Grant's Farm! Wish we could be ther with you!
Love,
~annie