Monday, January 7, 2008

We're done with boxes!

I logged on this morning and realized we had not posted since Christmas Eve! Things have been a bit busy here, but we're settling fairly well and quickly into our new house, neighborhood, job, church, life, etc. After a long Christmas vacation in VA where we were able to spend fabulous time with both families, we started our new adventure in NC. We have found grocery stores, Home Depot, Target, PF Chang's and Starbucks. All of the important things, right?!? I went running on the "greenway" behind our house yesterday and it was awesome - dirt trails through the woods next to a stream - worlds away from my usual St. Louis routes on busy roads. We're getting organized and making our house "our home". Andy has had his first couple days on the job and the church has been an amazing support. They've brought meals, helped us unpack, given advice and directions, and made us feel like family already. Josiah has had his first cold & ear infection since getting here, but we found a great pediatrician whom I'm sure we'll be getting to know well. We have about 5 more boxes to unpack and then WE'RE DONE! I'll post some pictures of the house at some point this week...once I find that camera cord...

3 comments:

A.K. said...

hooray! glad to see your back on the internet! only 5- that's amazing!

amigander said...

The repairman/painter-guy's truck is parked outside of your old apartment today. So sad. I guess he's getting ready for the new tenants. We just got back in town and I hate that you're not here! But, I'm glad you are doing well there.
I got your message, Amy--Sorry, I didn't get a chance to call you back. No cell-reception at my parent's house. I'll call very soon...much love to the four of you!

Anonymous said...

wow... I'm very impressed! that's very quick un-packing. :) so glad to hear that y'all are doing well!! miss you!!!!!!