Thursday, March 13, 2008

I LOVE living in the South!

Note: If you are currently living in snowy St. Louis, you should maybe skip this post. Just because I'm gushing about NC today doesn't mean that I love y'all any less or don't miss St. Louis. I still do. I just happen to really like where I am now :)

Some reasons why I LOVE living in the South:

- People wave back when you wave to them on the street.

- Grocery store clerks ask if they can help you to the car with your bags.

- On my run this morning, I ran past a man who was working in his yard, talking on the phone, and still greeted me with "How y'all doing today, God bless ya."

- Today was sunny and in the upper 70s...I wore my jean skirt and flip flops. FLIP FLOPS in MARCH!!! There is such goodness in the world sometimes.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're enjoying the South!! I'm jealous of your weather patterns. St. Louis is just as bizarre as ever. Last week it was 60° and then two days later it was back to threats of snow... who knows. :) Hope you're doing well!!

the crafty's said...

i agree about the weather- you can't beat it during the spring and fall! it's one of the many things i enjoy about being back in the south- although i'm missing the zoo and forest park big time!
i love the video of josiah in the bath and so did william. when we watched it, he started giggling along with it.
hope y'all are doing well and settling in!

anna rose said...

welcome home :)

Missy said...

Hi Amy! I am super jealous. Our "spring break" wasn't much spring like - it actually snowed here Easter morning as we put on our white sandals (with thick tights)! :) I miss the South and completely understand. Looking forward to the flip-flops myself! :)