Saturday, August 23, 2008

Thankful

Some days I am overwhelmed with contentedness and gratefulness for where the Lord has placed us and what He is doing in our lives. Yesterday was one of those days. Andy sprained his ankle pretty badly (it's swollen & purple, kinda cool) on Thursday. While I am not thankful for that, it means that I have the privilege of getting up early and running with Bella and without Josiah (Usually Andy takes Bella early, then I go later with Josiah). Anyway, yesterday we ran as the sun was rising, on the greenway by our house. This section of greenway is a wooded trail beside a creek & is too narrow, curvy, rocky, and rooty for the jogging stroller to handle. Just me and my dog- no pavement, no traffic, no other people. It was fabulous. My mind was flooded with the blessings we have received even in the past few days - I was thankful for my dog, for the ability to run, for the cooler weather & sunrise, for the birth of a big, healthy boy to good friends, for our families, for our new friendships here that just keep getting better.

I am also thankful for cooler mornings, less mosquitoes, and a son who loves to dig & get dirty. This morning we played outside after breakfast. I sat on the porch drinking tea while Josiah plopped himself down in the dirt and began to dig.


Did I mention I was grateful for a working washing machine?!?


1 comment:

Ben and Anna said...

What an encouraging post. I am so thankful that you had a great day with new perspectives. It is such a blessing to see glimpses of the Lord's faithfulness to us in our everyday routines. We miss you guys so much!