Sunday, October 11, 2009

Beach in October

YAY for last-minute trips, friends with time shares at the beach, and awesome weather in October!

Some friends from our church have a time share at the beach that they were only able to use for part of the week. So...we had the great fortune to use it for a few days! It was an oceanfront "villa" in a resort and was fantastic - plenty of room, a fabulous view of the ocean, lots of sand to dig in, pools to splash in, and even a Starbucks downstairs. The weather was fabulous - sunny and in the upper 80's!

As I've mentioned in previous posts, Josiah LOVES the beach. When I told him we were going he started jumping up and down and spinning in circles. Personally, I think that in order to make him truly happy, someone in the family needs to purchase a beach house (hint, hint grandparents) or offer us a job at the beach. I mean, is there ever too much to ask for the sake of a child? I digress.

I was able to eat breakfast both mornings on the porch overlooking the ocean as the sun came up. Here is my wonderful breakfast date, and the reason we were eating so early. He just couldn't sleep past 6:30 am when there was digging to do and waves to jump.



Our View



One of the pools had a slide that Andy was able to ride with Josiah. I think they must have slid down at least 1,000 times. You can see the pure joy on their faces.



And here is what sweet Cooper did while we hung out at the pool. Who doesn't love a good nap poolside in a shady lounge chair?!?



Our time there was sweet and of course too short. I did get an hour by myself on the sand, thanks to my wonderful husband. Just dozing in the sun and staring at the ocean. Perhaps it will sustain me until next summer!



3 comments:

Catherine McPherson said...

So glad you guys could escape real life for a little while. You guys definitely deserve it! The boys look so adorable in those pictures - can't wait to see you guys this winter:)

Nicole said...

What a wonderful last-minute trip! I'm so glad you guys were able to get away for a few days. It looks like it was beautiful there!

porternews said...

I am so jealous! Wish we could have joined in on the fun. Great pics too!