Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Blessed

We are back home...finished with our last trip of this traveling summer...a week at the beach with Amy's family! It was a fantastic week - good weather, great time with family, and busy, tired children. Obviously, there are tons of pictures, but those will come later.

Now we're here...since I (Amy) have no more trips for which to prepare, I find my mind wandering and my heart becoming anxious over things I cannot control. I'm anxious for this baby girl to get here, but she's going to come whenever she wants. I'm anxious for our Raleigh house to sell, but confident that we've done all that we can and now it's out of our hands.

I read the following quote on a blog this morning and it was good for my soul...I'll probably have to read it every hour for the next few days/weeks...maybe I should print it out and carry it around :) Anyway, I thought I would share it.

"Cast away anxiety, resign thy will, submit thy judgment, leave all with the God of all....The ploughman sows and harrows, and then leaves the harvest to God. What can he do else? He cannot cover the heavens with clouds, or command the rain, or bring forth the sun or create the dew. He does well to leave the whole matter with God; and so to all of us it is truest wisdom, having obediently trusted in God, to leave results in his hands and expect a blessed issue." Charles Spurgeon

So...please pray that I would do this, as you're also praying for our daughter and for our house.


No comments: