Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Josiah's Baptism

Josiah was baptized this past weekend! One of the baptism vows is that the church as a whole will help to raise this child. I am so thankful for that, as each day I become more aware of my selfishness and inadequacy. What a blessing the community of friends and family is, especially when raising a child! I have to admit, my eyes welled up a bit when I looked out in the congregation and saw both of our families and the church members. I was thinking about how these will be the people who will help us through potty-training, discipline, picky eating, driving, first dates...they will help us teach Josiah about the Lord and His faithfulness. Wow. I truly miss St. Louis and our friends there, but I am thankful daily for the community here in which the Lord has placed us. I know He is good and it is good. And hopefully we will not move for a loooooong time.

Okay, enough sentimentality. Here are some pictures, which is probably all you want to see anyway :) These are actually shots from the "pre-game" photo shoot. We'll have the church pictures up later in the week...


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, you guys. What a blessing to be surrounded by other believers who vow to be there for you and Josiah through every stage of his life!

A.K. said...

For a second there I had forgotten we had uploaded the pics to your computer and I was trying to figure out how you had gotten them from my computer! hah!

great pictures with a subject that makes it easy to photograph!

How's everyone feeling today?! No sore throats or anything?! Drink lots of fluids so you don't get this nasty flu! Still praying for that little one and his warding off of the flu

A.K. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

yay, Josiah!! that's so exciting! :) in TN, when a baby got baptized, we sang "Jesus loves you, this we know," etc. it was like the whole congregation singing a lullaby. very special. what did the ceremony look like in NC?

The Zarlenga Family said...

Dearest Amy and Andy,

That baby could not be any more adorable if he tried! Thank you for sharing your sentiments and pictures.....what a wonderful occasion!

Much love,
the Zarlengas