Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Real Party

On Sunday, we drove to Richmond to celebrate Josiah's 1st Birthday with our families. We had a cookout, opened presents, ate "beach" cupcakes, and had a great time hanging out with everyone!

Josiah loved opening his presents, and Campbell loved helping!


The lawnmower - a big hit! Soon he'll be helping Daddy cut the grass.


I decided to get creative (with the help of Martha Stewart) and made "beach" cupcakes for our summer beach baby!

And now, the fun part...eating the cupcake! I told everyone to lower their expectations for cake-eating, since Josiah hadn't really done much with his first birthday cake. He, of course, took the opportunity to show off and dive in head first!


Look y'all, no hands!


Maybe I'll pick it up now...


Woohoo! I like birthdays!





4 comments:

BBJ said...

Priceless - SO cute! and I can't help but point out that the Carolina Blue cupcakes made me really smile - Go HEELS (yes, I know how aggravating this will be Ms. Ames, Papa, etc.)!

Catherine McPherson said...

He looks so adorable! I bet he had fun on his birthday as well as you and Andy:) I love being able to see how much he's grown..thanks for keeping us updated with precious pictures:)

Missy said...

Happy Birthday Josiah! I can't believe he's already 1! He really is so precious. Glad you're all doing well Amy!

Anonymous said...

amy, I'm extremely impressed with your beach cupcakes. way to be awesome. :)