Saturday, June 21, 2008

RAH, RAH, TCU!


Last week, we traveled to Texas for a PCA conference & to visit some friends. I didn't take a single picture at the conference in Dallas, but we had sweet time with some great friends from Covenant. On Friday, we headed over to Fort Worth! We stayed with "Uncle B", walked around TCU, ate yummy, authentic Mexican at Joe T. Garcia's, and had a fabulous time.

TCU is doing massive renovations on campus - they've added quite a few new buildings and are updating others. You can see some of the new dorms in the background. Here is Frog Fountain, one of the centerpieces of campus.



I tried to teach Josiah the "Frog" sign and he laughed at me. One of these days...


Campus legend says that students rub the nose of this Horned Frog statue for good luck...I never did, but we definitely spent lots of time hanging out in the courtyard around it. Josiah was fascinated.


With Uncle B at Joe T.'s


A famous margarita


A bad picture of me, but very cute of my good friend & roommate Cory. Can you tell how hot it is? We're glistening...


I miss Texas...I would definitely move back to Fort Worth in a heartbeat! Maybe we'll convince Josiah he needs to be Horned Frog later in life :) Thanks Brooks for your hospitality and Cory for hanging out - we had a great time and we miss y'all!


1 comment:

anna rose said...

I love these pictures!

I'm so sorry i missed your call back the other day - it was quite the busy weekend. Are you around tonight?