Monday, April 20, 2009

A Real Veggie Garden!

We had another gorgeous weekend in NC and decided it was time to put in our vegetable garden. I've been growing tomatoes and herbs in pots for 3 or 4 years now, but wanted to experiment with a bigger garden. So...Mimi & Papa were visiting and we put them to work!

Papa built a raised garden and he & Josiah filled it with good dirt.


We bought seedlings at the Farmer's Market (have I mentioned how much I love our market?) and planted tomatoes, zucchini, yellow squash, peppers, cucumbers, and romaine lettuce. We also have some pumpkin seeds that will go in later. I'm so excited! I have visions of Josiah & I picking veggies and tending to the garden all spring & summer. Right now, he just wants to keep digging in it and pulling up the plants. I might be lowering my expectations...


Josiah woke up REALLY early on Sunday morning, so we had some extra time before church. We decided to take advantage of the lighting and being dressed up and have a photo shoot! Didn't quite go as easily as planned, but I think we got some good ones!

I'll keep you posted on how our veggies are growing. If you're in the area, you might be getting lots of salsa or zucchini bread this summer!

2 comments:

kamibethjones said...

that's so fun!!!! yay for summer and gardening. :)
hope y'all are doing well!!

anna rose said...

i'd be happy to get both of those. Do you ship? ;)

Its almost your birthday! Love the pictures!!!