Thursday, September 8, 2011

1 Month Already!

Yes folks, Sadie Jane is 1 Month Old already! What a fast month!

Her 1 month birthday coincided with the first VA Tech football game. She was so excited thousands of people descended on our town to help her celebrate :)

Her stats:
She is now 10 lbs 5 oz (77%) and 22 1/4 inches long (85%) - a growing girl!

Go Hokies!


by the way, I am really awful at taking pictures of babies...oh well...

In other news - it has been raining here ALL WEEK! This mama is going a little crazy with her 2 "energetic" boys in the house all week. No children's museum, indoor playgrounds, not even a mall to run around in. It's going to be a long winter! We've been coloring, painting, stickering, reading, building with legos, etc. but they need to run & jump & climb! Let me know if you have any creative ideas for active indoor play.

On Tuesday I sent them out in rainboots and jackets to play in the downpour...here they are modeling their boots (with pj's , of course).

Hoping for a break in the clouds soon!


3 comments:

Catherine McPherson said...

Looks like we're in the same boat...literally! MC has almost the same stats as Sadie Jane and I sent the girls out in the rain too bc we all needed a break as well as some "fresh air"...:) I hope all is well with you guys!

Elizabeth said...

I am friends with AK, so i found your blog through hers....the library in blacksburg has great story abd play time. Tuesdays used to be art days. The Chick fila and burger king in Christiansburg have play areas, both places used to let me bring the kids i babysat for and i normally packed lunch and only bought a drink for me. They never said anything about not purchasing food for the kids. What about the Rec centers, they both have indoor pools to swim in. Can you tell i had lots of rainy days and nothing to do?? Roanoke does have some good museums but i think they are pricey...good luck!!! Sadie jane is such a cutie, congrats!

porternews said...

Sadie Jane is so cute! I love her round little face. I can see some of the boys in her but she is def. her own little self which i love! I can't believe she is already 1 month old. Crazy how time flies. I have two weeks to go and then hopefully our little girl will arrive. I am ready!! Hope the rain stops soon!!