Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Happy

I have been reflecting the past couple days on things that make me happy and things for which I am truly thankful. It's so much easier to focus on what makes me crazy (which is sometimes a lot), that I am trying to deliberately focus on the many current blessings in our lives!

So, in no particular order...

1) I am reading this book titled The Female Brain. It is a fantastic, intriguing, thought-provoking read! Anyway, it states that the female brain actually physically shrinks during pregnancy & childbirth, returning months later to it's normal size. Thank you! We baby mamas are not crazy or "losing our minds" - there is a physical, scientific reason why we can't remember anything or feel like we're walking around in a daze. Our brains are truly smaller! But only for a little while...

2) Sadie Jane is a smiling machine these days. Her smile brightens up her whole face and my day


3) We have sung different hymns to the boys at bedtime and unintentionally landed on a specific hymn for each of them that we repeat. Honestly, I think each hymn represented words and truth we needed to hear at their bedtimes, more than words for their benefit! Anyway, they now request these hymns, but know them as "the Cooper song" or "the Siah song". Cooper's is "O Love That Will Not Let Me Go" and Josiah's is "Be Thou My Vision". I love that they love these, request them, and think they were written just for their little ears! I'm thinking Sadie Jane's might be "Jesus, Lover of My Soul", but we'll see.


4) I've been able to start running again and am so thankful for our Chariot double jogging stroller! It allows me to have 2 very cute training partners...



This past Saturday was the Apple Festival at our Farmer's Market, which leads to several happy things...

5) I love our Farmer's Market

6) I love apples, especially fresh ones off the tree that can now be made into applesauce, apple pie, apple butter, etc.

7) There was a very good bluegrass band playing at the market on Saturday morning. The boys were dancing fools in front of the band - we must have listened for an hour! It was hilarious to watch them dancing...love their lack of inhibition and their love for music!


8) Pumpkin Spice Lattes are back at Starbucks!

That's enough for now...hope you're having a fabulous Wednesday!


1 comment:

A.K. said...

oh i love that picture of SJ smiling :)